Sunday, July 08, 2007

Freedom is sweet.

Have you ever tasted freedom? The absence of it leaves such a lingering distaste of heartsick that you'd come to appreciate and savour the freedom when it was ever, EVER, given to you.

But alas, I too wonder how long this period of liberation can last...

'Tis be the last day that I'm freed from my eternal prison of Earth's suffering. By tomorrow, I'll be back, trounging the lanes and chambers of horror once again in this well-meaning-but-often-not education establishment.

But I could hardly blame the place. It's the humans that pissed me off. Sometimes, literally. I could imagine thyself trying to hold back the mental fury from exploding through these lips to cause irreparable damage, and often than not, due to the action of trying to bottle up all this anger and frustrations, it's slowly but surely taking a toll upon this human spirit/vessel.

So yes, I had one of the most difficult time to go through, the past week. Especially when loneliness crepts in and whispers its poison-laced words at you, making a mockery of your pathetic condition, and trying much to tempt you to eventually doing something irreversibly stupid. Thank the heavens for willpower and the perseverance of this soul to hang on.

So while I stood in the Garden of Hope to reminiscene of days long gone, I'd reassess my situation, and found me to be actually in a position of power to do one or more trickery. Each with its own consequences, perhaps as a little payback to what they've done to me (well, here we go on the wheels of karma). But after hearing what my beautiful protege have to say, I decided to let it all go, and I also learn an important lesson on that day.

The power of forgiveness.

It is quite...difficult at first to accept it. Accept the ugly truth, and to accept it with conviction. But I have done it, and looking back, I guess it is one of the right decisions made after all this while.

By learning to forgive others, you learn forgive yourself.

I understand, the human spirit is unpredictable. They're the Jekylls and Hydes of reality. One minute they're impossibly nice to ya, the next they'd happily sink a few blades into your back without you knowing it (and oftentimes than not, they themselves do not realize it. Amazing, humans.)

And thus, if one is to blame on the seven deadly sins, REMEMBER, it was humans who CREATED those sins, in the first place. I don't blame it on Pandora who unleashes the ultimate evil upon earth (for she tried to redeem herself by releasing a pathetic-but-nonetheless-has-its-role-to-play entity called Hope), and I don't blame Zeus for putting it all merrily into a little toy box for a stupid little chum to open, BUT I do want to point the finger at the two little-biped animal who'd overran this earth to its driest point in lifetimes uncounted FOR the misery they'd love to wrought upon other lives, all in part due to their selfish human nature.

Why do humans loves to watch others suffer? I don't understand. Most of all, (and a particular personal one), why do I see myself suffering for their actions?

Hence, I pulled the opposite response - instead of initially thinking to let the Earth burn (whether by the courtesy of the One-Winged Angel or Megatron or anyone else with the talent to destroying worlds...oh yes, that includes a Mr.Galactus), I'll just forgive the humans who'd brought me the untold suffering beforehand, to do away with the pain and agony, and let there be a clean slate for the two of us.

And thus, from that moment on...Freedom came to me on her two silver wings, and gave me a kiss on the head as a reward for doing so well. I smiled in agreement, and took in all that's left in her wake - and truly tasted salvation.

And as I'd mentioned before...freedom, has never tasted this sweet.



Alas, I truly wish them humans would not take it away from me now.

-Lammy-

P.S. Will be back at TOA on Monday 9th July 2007. Will be expecting the next wave of "destruction", and I'm ready to counter it - with this new-found realization.

No comments: