Wednesday, October 31, 2007

'Tis be the night, of all nights. XD

'Tis be the night of all nights, and thus let them come.

OH, yes, let them come. The whispers of the echoes resounded in answerance.

For don't we need to let them revel in your dark glory?

I smiled a small quiet smile. Ah yes. Of course. 'Tis it's coming upon us when the moment's right. The Fimbul Winter is starting, after all.

The mortals have yet to realize. Times have changed, as I oh so happen to remark often these days. Alas, my kins do not take notice, for often not they wonder, words of a madman coming from me is at best not to be listened - because they're afraid.

Afraid. Yes. I did not merely need to smell fear reeking of them in vibes wherever I am around - their windows to their very souls have shown me so much more.

And I think I spied something else too. Something, that I have not seen for a VERY long time, coming.

Have you ever seen the spirit of Awe? Sister of fear, and cousin of hate? I see much fear in my brethren's lives, but more often the hateful cousin rather than the wonderful awe. For of course, men are forever in the doldrums of Envy - part 2 of the Original Sin. And with Envy, comes Pride. And with them all, forever now and always, Little Jealousy and Cousin Hate.

But now, once in a while, I get to see a glimpse of awe sometimes. Minute, small, fragile, but nonetheless there.

Alas, of course, mere mortals wouldn't understand this purity. It's gotten to their heads - as the One-Eyed-Jack used to mutter to me, "In this land of the blind, deaf and mute, only yours truly can see it all."

Indeed, indeed.

But upon conversation with a certain Dr.Hannibal Lecter, I have to confess, my views upon mankind is slightly altered if not wholly change. Though I do not really approve his actions (and here I am contradicting myself again), I have to understand that such beings as close as me do NOT require compassion from loathsome people.

Pity is a virtue, but Mercy is never who she is. Sympathy is long corrupted, and Empathy is trying her best to become a valid peacemaker between the beings, filling in the shoes of its long-dead occupant, only now known as Little Mary.

And alas, who do we sought but the kingfisher from Halcyon. We seldom see him now, too, for current circumstances does not permit his return. *sigh* I miss the olden days of tranquility, when we always get together for a good drink or two. And he'll dance his little dance upon the waters - in emulation of the grand Madame Butterfly who can awakened a hurricane from the seas just by merely beating her little wings.

Ah well. The time is imminent.

But milord, we must make preparations. The echoes rang again.

Hasten.

So be it, and mote it be. 'Tis the night, of all nights, after all. I've long awaited this night, and I long to relish in it however much time I have, before it elapses further from my grasp once again...into the descending moon. Not rising moon this time - Halloween's a little late this year.

And ah...I smell the breeze now. Tender strokes in my hair.

...I see. Alright. Lord Morpheus and the other Night Lords have promised a gathering, and a wonderful troupe is playing tonight - I long to see the new emergence of Faust from his Slumber.

And thus, I bid thee good night, children, sleep well, and may your dreams be ever sweet.

-Lammy-Loki-

No comments: