Monday, June 20, 2005

The Good Ol' Days

Right. This week, I shall be talking about the good ol' days that I promised I will enlighten you guys about it (but did you guys really read my blog?...Just wondering...)

So.

In the past, there's no PS2, computer games, Internet, handphone, blogging, the stuff you modern people have today.

The past, is essentially, to the modern generation...the age of the dinosaurs.

Got a laugh outta you, I bet.

But it's true.

I know I'm one of the 'rebellious' ones in class during my primary years.

And these are my crimes:
- coming to school 5 minutes before the bell (but that's because I live quite far from school...1/2 hour drive and the traffic jam, so yeah)
- practicing 'corruption' by doing my friend's homework in exchange to read a really good book/comic
- bringing illegal stuff to school e.g. cards, comics, games
- gambling in class XD (usually played 'cho tai di', but sometimes there's the occasional black jack)
- letting the person off for breaking school rules (I definitely miss those reigning days of mine as a prefect XD)
- terrorizing the rest of the common student folk (uh...not exactly terrorizing...they're somewhat afraid of me. All of them. Like the time when I saw two kids in class during lunch hour and they saw me, and they started screaming "Prefect! Prefect!" and they ran down the corridor as if the Grim Reaper had just appeared. Pretty hilarious actually, to come to think of it.)
- always doing more homework than required (I mean, Maths WAS easy...but Pn Dina dislike it, and I remember her tearing my extra pages that I'm not supposed to do from the workbook. Since then, I never tried to do more anymore. Definitely learnt my lesson.)
- reading books under the table when I'm supposed to concentrate in class
- got involved into fights (no, I'm not the victim nor the attacker, but had to play peacemaker between the fighters at that time. Sometimes, things got a bit out of hand, too. Especially when a student is attacking another prefect.)

And it's also the time I learnt to play chess. And checkers. I can actually defeat most of my chess-playing friends that time. And in checkers, they're virtually no match for me. Ah, the good ol' winning days...

Hey, at least I did do some good stuff too, like always doing my homework, helping the teachers, helping to keep the darn class quiet, went on prefect duty, the 'good little girl' jobs.

I'm essentially a bookworm by Std 4, when the reading-books-campaign by Pizza Hut hits off. The competition actually work; me who never touch a book since young is starting to read classics and many MANY storybooks.

Music in those years? Mostly from my organbooks. Then when I saw my bro watching some music video, I'm into Beyond and Bon Jovi. Michael Learns to Rock, too. Their songs are the best, till today. Too bad, the lead vocal for Beyond had passed away. But Bon Jovi's still rocking on. ^-^ At least their songs are meaningful and clear, not like today's rapping and much noise in da house...

And then, came secondary school.

I remember Form 1 is my best and most favorite year since I'm no longer a prefect and I can start breaking more rules XD Ah, the taste of FREEDOM...it's sweet ^-^

- I know I'd always trashed the whole Form 1 Aqua that year for every exam XD but I'm only always in the top ten during primary school. So it's a nice change of rank and status.
- got chased out from ITC for damaging school property =.= but it wasn't entirely my fault...the darn keyboard just fall out when we're fighting to control it...
- bringing comics/games to school right after the finals...and most of it got confiscated *sigh* It's UNFAIR...how come the head prefect in my old school gets to organize Magic:The Gathering duels in class after finals and yet here we can't even bring card games. What the hell...
- the year I finally get to know the Internet properly. Oh yeah. Std6 we're only allow to use those kiddy programs, but by the end of Form 1, I've already make the computer and Internet my new best friends. Neopets is fun, ICQ's cool, flash games are the 'in' thing.

Form 2...is pretty unpleasant. That's when I got promoted to Form 2 Cempaka, the so-called elite class.
Yeah, I thought the people here are the really really smart ones and expected much tough competition.

But I'd never expected the bullying to come with the package.

Yeap, Form 2 Cempaka made my life a literal living hell. The 'tai lo' is a fat smart snob, and the rest of the boys just love picking on me. The girls even played practical jokes on me! What the heck?!

But hah, I screwed them all the same.

I practically trashed the class again in almost every exams (well, I did beat majority of them, except a few excellent ones like YY, KT, and NL. I know I can never defeat them. But I treat them as my equal.)

By then, they did FINALLY learnt to respect me.

It's also the year I get into class fights. Yes, meek little me who was once a good prefect is actually FIGHTING in class.

But it's not my fault....That fat snob started it first. And that skinny guy too. And the other guy.

Played TCG, too (can't remember which year though). Pokemon, to be precise XD. The Mind Shop (re)opened in KLP, and my best friend CC introduced me to playing the card game. Got me hooked for a while, but there's ALWAYS new expansion packs out every 3-4 months, and ultra-rare Holo cards and/or extremely strong cards e.g. Rocket's Mewtwo are the rage.
But I LUV the dueling part. It may sound I'm bad, but I just like finishing off my opponent in the first 5 rounds of the game, just where everyone's busy evolving while I just plop my Rocket Zapdos/Mewtwo out to wipe out at least 2 Basic Pokemon in those 5 rounds.

Then Form 3...PMR year. Yet the year CC introduced me to the one thing that's now a part of my life: the Playstation. XD
From then on, I hafta juggle between studying and playing.
Got VERY addicted to Final Fantasy, especially VIII. Played VII too, but gave up on IX because I just don't like 3/4 tall characters.

Then I graduated to playing PS2.
Then comes Devil May Cry. XD
And much much more games.
And my fandom grew to writing fics and reading fics.
And the rest, is history XD.

Let's not forget those animes on AXN, ya?

And then I got my PS2, just days before my finals XD
But of course, I can still resist the temptation to play.
And studied as per usual.
Hah, study camps are ALWAYS a waste of money and time. I didn't go, and yet I still get my straight 7A's.

And...Mr Lee is the best teacher I've ever met. I think he helped me to finally discover my potential. He tells really great stories too, especially when it involves history. And I miss his Latin jokes.

No other teacher can replace him, I give you that.

Also the year I start and stop learning ninjutsu. Due to one accident, I had to stop going for classes. Oh well. At least I've learnt two arts of fighting ^-^ One's taekwondo in primary school, but that's another story.

And then Form 4 and Form 5, the years of the Sheat. XD

Nah, he's a good guy, only he's a bit too long-winded at times, but I can tell he really really care about us and wanted us to really really score for our Chemistry. He tried so hard, and got somewhat far, like making those African/Swahili/graveyard-zombie jokes...but in the end, it doesn't even matter...coz we ALL wanted to get an A for Chemistry in SPM.

"He tried so hard, and got so far, in the end, it doesn't even matter..." Dang, I'd actually just type the words of that Linkin Park song.

Oh yes, it's also the year I got into rock. And lovin' it. Linkin Park's songs are deep, actually.

And the year I indulged back in chess.

Only to be defeated this time by brats younger than me. Young brats from Form 3 and even from Standard 6.

I must be growing old.

But I'm only sixteen at that time! *sigh*

And the years I'm introduced into the next new 'hype' - MMORPGs. Ragnarok Online. Played one too many times an Acolyte/Priest that I got sick of it and got on to become an Assassin.XD

Man, I missed killing those little critters already.

And it's way more addictive than the PS2 at that time, so I'd actually played it a week before exams, but still managed to score some decent As and Bs.

And now...we're in the present. Gone were those good ol' rebellious days of mine. Ah yes, I miss the prefect years, and Form 1.

But we all have to look forward to the future, right?

And what's next?

Maybe the PS3 XD, more cool animes, new programs to play, MANGA, and the likes.

Woah....this post is getting a tad too long. Ah well. My story ends here for today.

Maybe you guys can share with me about your good ol' days too ^-^

No comments: